History of BJHCHS
Beaufort Jasper Comprehensive Health Services, Inc. (BJCHS) was organized to deliver comprehensive health services to residents of the socially and economically deprived residents of Beaufort & Jasper Counties.
- BJCHS was incorporated in 1970
- OEO (Office of Economic Opportunity later becoming the Dept. of Health, Education & Welfare – Public Health Services) awarded BJCHS $754,373.
- Implementation of the program
- 1974 BJCHS under Federal mandate implemented a Financial Plan
- Reduce reliance on Federal funds
- Increase patient, local government, & other grant support
- 1999 received Ryan White funding. Since 2004 BJHCHS has averaged 218 active HIV patients per year.
- 1999 The Department of Health & Human Services approved expansion into Hampton County. Thus, BJCHS became BJHCHS (Beaufort Jasper Hampton Comprehensive Health Services, Inc.)